If you train or exercise regularly then sports massage should be part of your training strategy, after all, your body is your most important piece of kit!
Sports massage treatment is beneficial for helping to maintain soft tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments) in optimum condition, this is important for a number of reasons;
- Improved flexibility - to increase joint range of motion and enabling enhanced sporting ability through ‘purer’ movement. Lack of flexibility can often lead to muscle soreness after muscles are loaded during sport. Restriction in tissue can predispose athletes to injuries– especially muscle pulls and tears.
- Injury prevention – Massage helps to keep muscles in optimum condition, highlighting potential problem areas before they worsen, avoiding the frustration of time out from your training and maximising power and performance.
- Efficient recovery - to help ensure your body adapts to your training load. This is especially important if you are a newbie training for a particular challenge for the first time, such as a marathon, tri-athlon or endurance cycle race!
- Promote rehabilitation after injury – release of tight, tense tissue helps to improve circulation and lymphatic flow and helps to alleviate the problems which the build-up of scar tissue can cause (following injury muscles, tendons and fascia can become stuck and adhered due to the proliferation of collagen during the healing process, contributing a to restriction in range of movement)
Effective Prevention and Treatment of;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Muscle sprains
- Ligament strains
- Tendon injury
- Overuse conditions
- Shin splints (medial tibial stress syndrome)
- ITB (Ilio-tibial band) syndrome or Runner’s Knee
- Tennis Elbow (medial epicondylitis)
Appointments available – Choose from Chiswick or South Kensington